Step 1: Set Up a WhatsApp Business Account
- Sign up for a WhatsApp Business Account.
- Verify your phone number by receiving a verification code via SMS or a phone call.
- Complete the setup by providing the necessary business details.
Step 2: Setup Your App in Meta
Create your app here.
What do you want your app to do?Select
App Type, select
Select your Business Account that you created in
Head over to your app and add the WhatsApp and Webhook products. Look for
- On the sidebar, navigate to
- The phone number under
Fromwill be number the users will be messaging your chatbot on whatsapp. Save the
WhatsApp Business Account ID. You will need to paste it later in the Libraria WhatsApp Integration setup.
WhatsApp Business Account ID
Step 3: Create a permanent token
Permanent Access Token can be used to send and receive messages to/from the WhatsApp API without the need to refresh the token every 24 hours.
- Navigate to Business Settings (opens in a new tab)
- Choose the business account associated with your app.
- Click on
Add under System Users.
- Enter a name for the system user, assign the
Admin role, and click
Create System User.
- Click on
Create Assetand select
Appsfrom the asset type Tab.
- Select your app and toggle
Manage App(full control).
Click on "Manage App"
Generate New Token
Token Expiration, select
- Copy and save your token on Libraria and edit your
Permanent Tokenon Libraria.
Step 4: Add the WhatsApp Chat Integration in your Libraria Account
- Click settings under your desired library
On the sidebar select your Library and click "Settings"
- Navigate to integrations and click WhatsApp
Paste your previously saved
WhatsApp Business Account IDand
Copy the webhook URL and Token
Step 5: Setting up your Webhook Endpoint
Head back to your Meta Developer Account and select your app.
Go to WhatsApp -> Configuration and click ‘Edit’
Paste your webhook URL and Token from Libraria here.
After successfuly saving your URL and token, click “Manage” on webhook fields and subscribe to “messages”.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your WhatsApp Integration.
Official Meta documentation can be found here